DB Schenker in Austria and South East Europe
DB Schenker is an international logistics services provider that employs more than 65,000 people at 2,000 locations. We offer land transport, air freight, ocean freight, contract logistics, and supply chain management services and solutions from a single source.
DB Schenker employs approximately 2,000 men and women at 12 offices in Austria. Schenker & Co AG in Vienna serves as the Cluster Head Office for South East Europe. DB Schenker currently has a workforce of more than 5,300 men and women at 80 locations in the Region’s 14 countries. DB Schenker in Austria — and by extension in South East Europe — is thus one of the largest national subsidiaries in the DB Schenker global network.
Facts and figures about the transport and logistics solutions offered by DB Schenker
- 32,000 regularly scheduled line-haul shipments per week are offered by DB Schenker Land Transport. Our network of scheduled transports links Europe’s most important economic regions.
- More than one million metric tons of goods and materials are shipped via air freight by DB Schenker each year.
- 1.905 million TEUs is the total ocean freight volume shipped by DB Schenker annually.
- 6.2 million square meters is the total area of the logistics facilities operated by DB Schenker around the world.
- 1,000 meters: The length of DB Schenker Rail’s longest freight train.
- 11,000 kilometers: The longest rail route traveled by DB Schenker trains. Automotive parts are shipped for BMW along this route, which connects Leipzig, Germany, and the city of Shenyang in Northeast China.
- More than 100,000 truck trips: That’s how many truck journeys are avoided each day by DB Schenker freight trains, reducing CO2 emissions by 4.4 million metric tons annually.